Commercial Kitchen Ventilation – What You Need To Know

There are several things to consider when installing a commercial kitchen ventilation system and there are several types of systems – but all of them must meet the DW172 standard for kitchen ventilation systems. You can also look for the best industrial kitchen ventilation system through various online sources.

Image Source: Google

Commercial kitchens cannot function effectively without a properly designed and functioning ventilation system. Getting the right design system for your space can be tricky. 

All systems are operation and site-specific – how you move air, where you move it, and what to do with it to ensure that not only applicable laws but also local building and environmental restrictions are met.

Factors that may need attention need to include not only the physical movement of air, but also heat, smoke, humidity, fire, grease, and odors. 

Various filtering and security systems are available to solve some or all of these problems. You may also need to address fan noise and planning issues associated with external ducts.

Basically, the ventilation system consists of a canopy over the production area with a fan connected via a duct to a filter box inside the kitchen canopy which carries air to the external outlet point. 

The fan is proportional to the amount of air to be moved, the location of its movement (exit point), and speed (depending on the type of food being prepared).

In addition, mechanical precautions must be taken to replace 85% of the extracted air. This is called "Makeup Air", the remaining 15% is naturally created – a general kitchen area and windows, etc.

Leave a reply:

Your email address will not be published.

Site Footer

Sliding Sidebar